Sunday, November 18, 2012

Jr League - Kansas City

I decided to give the Holiday Mart a try in KC. Our family drove down there Monday to set up (had a great dinner) & came home.
At 4am I got up and drove to KC yo get there at 9. Well, that drive was interesting - I had a phone interview for the paper at 6am which was great bc it kept me awake (however its a bit sketchy on what I was telling). Also I got stuck in traffic one mile out from the convention center and decided to change in the car (since I was still in my pj's and 30 minutes late). As doom as my pants were down I noticed a semi with the driver smoking and waving to me in his mirror - creepy!
After Jason's classes he drove down the camper and we stayed in there for the weekend - that was fine, less the gunshots and sirens all night :).
It turned out to be a fine weekend, don't think I'll go back - it was just too taxing on me in my old age :)

No comments: